Here is your monthly round-up of relatively pointless yet fascinating shoe-related news and gossip.
- The iconic Keds brand is teaming up with Kate Spade to create 8 styles for Kate Spade’s 20th Anniversary. The shoes will feature color-blocking, polka dots, stripes–a very feminine and whimsical look. I’m not sure I’m sold on them, but what do you think?
- Shoes give back! Sigerson Morrison & Sketchers both contributed to post-Sandy relief efforts.
- Vince Camuto is set to take on the men’s category — sportswear, tailored clothing, footwear, watches and fragrances via licenses with Itochu Prominent. Will hit retailers next Fall. Ladies, get ready to dress your men!
- Sole Society is building a lifestyle brand around dancer, singer, actress, Julianne Hough. Hough’s footwear collection will include 5-6 styles ranging from pumps to sandals and priced from $50-$100. So, does (the future?) Mrs. Ryan Seacrest have it in her? We shall see.
- What was the biggest shoe trend over the holidays? Black and gold. Check it.
And the most important bit of shoes news: here are the new lines we’ll be carrying for Spring 2013:
Plomo Shoes – designed by two women for women who have a love of footwear. (What woman doesn’t?)
Tkees – designed by a husband and wife duo who longed for a sandal that would “disappear” on your foot–the next best thing to going barefoot.
Jean-Michel Cazabat – designed by a man who loves music, nightlife and…um…spirited women. Or so his website says. We just love his shoes.
Rachel Zoe – she needs no introduction.
Thanks for reading into this month’s edition of Shoes in the News. Here’s to a great 2013 full of happiness and shoes!