One of the best parts of what we do is working with so many incredible brands and the even more incredible people who represent them. So, we decided to “interview” a few of the reps we have gotten to know over the years. Our first interviewee is Jennifer Gumbrecht of Sofft and Isola.
Christen and Jennifer have bonded over their mutual love of spray tans, and Jennifer is always gracious in meeting us (very) early in the morning for our appointment during the shows in New York. Here’s a little more about Jennifer:
1. What brand do you represent? Isola & Sofft Shoes
2. How long have you worked there? 2 1/2 years. Started in Aug 2013 w/ just Isola & then was asked to sell Sofft in June 2014.
3. What city is your brand based out of? Andover, MA is where Sofft Shoe Company is based.
4. How long have you worked in this industry? 19 years! Yikes…
5. Favorite shoe/piece of all time? I have a David Aaron (this was the brand before Steve stopped the license agreement & launched Steven) black birdcage wedge sandal. It was so comfortable & sexy! I wore it with jeans, trousers & dresses. Also a Mui Mui lace up pump in a gorgeous red w/ brown details.
6. Best part of your job? Presenting the new collections to my customers! No day is the same!
7. If you weren’t in fashion, what would you be doing? Elementary School Teacher or Interior Decorator. If I had the time, I would love to teach a class to fashion students at FIT or another fashion school NYC.
8. How do you spend your free time? With my family… Lacrosse!! My son is 11 1/2 & plays Lacrosse all year long. He’s on a summer travel team which keeps us busy on weekends in June & July. I also love to be outside in the sun; reading fashion magazines & listening to Pandora. I’ve become a huge country fan & want to go to Nashville.
9. Predict the future: What will be the next big trend? That’s a tough one…I’m not a designer, but know a hot shoe/boot when I see one!
10. What’s in? What’s out? Skinny jeans & flats…. Flared jeans & wedges.. Platform & single soles love!
11. Heels or flats? / Dresses or jeans? Heels for sure & jeans; although I love dresses in spring/summer with my heels & wedges.
12. Why should our customers buy your shoes? Sofft because they are on trend; priced right & comfortable! Isola because they are trendy/fashion forward w/ great material interest; priced right & comfortable (most of them!)